1. Why won't you give me a quote on my manuscript first?
Every project is unique. Your project may only require a light edit while another may need substantial editing that would take more of the editor's time. We want to make sure we're pricing fairly for the both of us!
2. Do you take academic projects?
No, we do not take academic projects at this time. We recommend that you consult the directory of editors on the Editors Canada website at www.editorscanada.ca.
3. What style guides do you use?
We use the Chicago Manual of Style, 16th edition, Editing Canadian English, 3rd edition, and The Canadian Style.
4. How will I know what the suggested changes are?
We use Track Changes in Word to do our edits. We've provided an example below of what you might expect.
5. Can I request that you complete all of the changes and give me back a clean, ready-to-use copy?
Absolutely. We can go as far as you'd like us to. If you're looking for something ready to submit, we've got you! We can also help you draft submission/query letters for publishers.